08 February, 2018

Things I learned during my Immersion



There are a lot of things that you can learn in an experience. During my 10- day immersion, here are some of the things I've learned in Aurealle Assay Laboratory":

1.) There's no turning back
At first, while walking towards my work immersion place, I realized that I really felt bad that I didn't join with my classmates in their working place. I was the only student who had been immersed in the facility. I tempted myself to back out and follow them but then I realized it wasn't a good decision. I had to face it because I chose it. At the end, I would be accountable with all my actions. At the end of my immersion, I could say that I was still lucky because they didn't experience what I'd experienced, like holding a refined gold with my bare hands.

2.) Offer properly
The company deals with costumers so I entertained our costumers properly.

3.) Do the right test
You should physically examine the sample first so that you can determine what chemicals and method you will apply in the test.

4.) Check the equipment (pulverizer)
To ensure that it is in good condition before using, make sure it is properly lubricated and then retighten loose bolt to prevent further damage. Clean it before using to avoid contamination with the other sample.

 5.)Hygiene should be top priority
In the laboratory, where chemicals are dealt, it's safer to handwash thrice.

6.) Be safety-conscious
Wear safety devices like laboratory gown, gloves, mask and goggles while working.

7.) There is always something to learn
Sometimes experiments help you discover things. Some things occur by accident during experiments.

8.) Cyanide is worst
Just a drop of it can take your life away. When handling this chemical reagent, make sure to wear safety devices and wash your hands three or more times after handling it. Cyanide is used for leaching during adsorption process. It is used to extract soluble constituents or turn gold of solid forms like ores into a liquid form.

9.) Gold is indestructible
Through our random test and experiment, I have proven that gold is indestructible. Even cyanide couldn't dissolve it.

10.) Top Secret: Love your work
My instructor told me that I should do whatever I do with love. In order to succeed in whatever career you're in, you should love it so that you can perform excellently always.

11.) how to operate the the pulverizer machine

12.)  I learned how to operate the fire assay furnace
               
                                                            

13.) I learned the procedure of fire assaying

14.) I learned how to fire assay during my 10-day work immersion. I had more hands-on role and I even did simple operations inside the lab.

15.) I learned how to do copper titration.
I had my actual performance in copper titration on my last day of my immersion. It almost intoxicated me because of its strong odor but thank God I survived. In copper titration, a lot of chemicals are used, so it's very dangerous.

16.) I learned the three phases in mining plant.
I had the chance to go to Rosario, Agusan del sur in BMEA mining plant managed by the owner of the assay laboratory facility where I was immersed.
The three phases are crushing, grinding and adsorption.



17.)I learned that the true color of gold is black it wil just turn into yellow after adding with nitric acid, washed it with water and subject it again to heat

18.) I learned how to compute the result after weighing the gold beats.
For solid, muckore and waste :
            15g x 66.67
            30g x 33.33
For Carbon : 1.5 x 666
For Sol'n : 50ml x 20.20
Copper : 1g x 0.628



5 comments: